What are the benefits of getting a Bulgarian temporary residence permit?
- Foreigners will get a Bulgarian ID card allowing their stay in Bulgaria and multiple entries into the country.
- Your Bulgarian ID card can be extended for up to 5 years and foreigners can later apply for permanent residence and full citizenship.
- Access to a simpler visa process for Schengen Zone.
- You can take your family to Bulgaria.
What duration of living does a temporary residence permit allow me in Bulgaria?
A Bulgarian temporary residence permit allows you to stay for either 6 or 12 months. You can renew yearly for up to 5 years.
When do I become qualified to apply for a Bulgarian permanent residence permit?
To be eligible for a permanent residence permit, a person should hold a valid Bulgarian temporary residence permit for a minimum of 5 years. Foreigners can get their temporary residence permit through the trade representative office in Bulgaria. The permit is issued for a duration of one year and can be renewed annually for up to five years.
Is there any alternative way to get Bulgarian permanent residence permit without waiting for 5 years?
Yes. You can get a permanent residence permit earlier if you are of Bulgarian descent or if you are investing a considerable amount of money in your Bulgarian business. Please contact us for details on the options.
Can I bring my family to Bulgaria?
When you hold a Bulgarian residence permit, you can bring your family members to Bulgaria under the Family D-Type visas. The family here strictly applies to spouse and all dependent children under the age of 21.
How much does a Type D visa application cost at the Embassy?
The Embassy charges 100 EUR for a D-Type visa application.
What is the typical duration for a review of my Type D visa application at the Bulgarian Embassy or Consulate?
All D-Type visa applications are processed within 30 working days of receiving the application.
Does a D-Type via entail and interview at the Embassy?
Your personal appearance in the Embassy or Consulate is required as a part of your Bulgarian D-Type visa application process. We will prepare you well to ensure your interview is successful.
To begin your application for residency in Bulgaria, enlist the help of our team of qualified immigration advisors. They are always in line with the current legislation and will guide you in the application process to ensure a smooth transition and successful application.
If you commission us to advise you after receiving the initial residence permit, you will get the status of Bulgarian (EU) long-term resident as prescribed by the national immigration laws. The long-term resident status will allow you to enjoy the same treatment and rights as other EU nationals. We can support and guide you comply with the whole procedure and in getting the necessary legal permit. In case of any complications, our specialists will advise you on how to find the best legal solution for your particular case. We have a proven record in finding solutions even in the most complicated cases.
Foreigners with long-term resident status enjoy equal treatment with nationals with respect to:
- Admission to paid and unpaid employment programs, rights in terms of employment and working conditions (working hours, health and safety standards, holiday entitlements, remuneration and dismissal);
- Education and vocational training, recognition of qualifications and study grants;
- Welfare benefits (family allowances, retirement pensions, etc.) and sickness insurance;
- Social assistance (minimum income support or retirement pensions, free health care, etc.);
- Social benefits, tax relief and access to goods and services;
- Freedom of association and union membership and freedom to represent a union or association;
- Ability to travel throughout the European Union.
Within the EU, Social Security is determined by your residence and not by your nationality. If your family is settled in one EU country, they will be covered by that country’s Social Security regime. Plus, as an EU resident, you can benefit from the political and financial stability of the European Union member states. You can access EU finance and funds for business development. Kindly refer to our immigration services and contact us in case you have any specific questions. We encourage you to apply for your residence permit right away. We assure you of utmost confidentiality and professionalism in handling all your paperwork and application process